Hot Smoke Seal Intumescent
- Non-adhesive backed (mortise applied) intumescent.
- Chemically inert, highly stable, expandable graphite strip.
- Tested and proven in positive pressure conditions to withstand both hot smoke and hot gasses, resulting in longer integrity of the door assembly.
- More economical to use than specially modified doors in "tested assembly only" classifications.
- Hot Smoke Seal can be painted to blend in with the finish of a door/frame.
- Does not require periodic aftermarket field inspections.
- Will not degrade from carbon dioxide and ozone like many competitive intumescents from other manufacturers.
- Unaffected by moisture and will not break down like fiber-based or cellulose-based products.
- Available in graphite (no finish code) or white (W).
- HSS1000 is available in 7, 8, 10, 18, 21 and 24 ft. coils.
- Category B - Doors - additional edge sealing system required - see Category G. Requires Category G system with gasket for fire and possibly smoke.
- Category G - Edge-Sealing Systems - systems that are surface applied to frames or doors and required for Category B doors.
- Category G - Edge-Sealing Systems - Hot Smoke Seal type for use with Category B wood and plastic covered composite doors rated up to and including 1 hour.
- Perimeter seal for use with wood composite fire doors rated up to and including 1 hour.
Intertek Testing (Warnock Hersey)
Underwriters Laboratory 1S47
Fire Rated - Edge Seals - UL10C - Positive Pressure
Underwriters Laboratory 4L10