Non-Handed, Full Mortise
- Smoother action positive seal mechanism. All Pemko automatic door bottoms consist of an aluminum case which surrounds a movable drop-bar seal. The drop-bar seal is actuated by a plunger which contacts the jamb as the door is closing, forcing the drop-bar seal down against the floor / threshold.
- Most models are now available with nylon brush (NB) seals. The nylon filaments conform extremely well to irregular surfaces such as carpet, stone and grout lines.
- Especially over uneven surfaces, both PemkoPrene® (PK) and nylon brush (NB) provide excellent seals to keep out draft, dust, moisture, insects, fumes, light, and sound.
- All models (except #430 and #412) are non-handed and reversible. Installation is fast and easy because disassembly is not required to change handing: simply flip the automatic door bottom and you’ve reversed the hand. The clean symmetrical square-shaped case design also provides for even flush mounting.
- The line includes models which can be mounted to either wood or hollow metal doors.
- End plates are provided for all mounting applications.
- All Pemko automatic door bottoms seal up to a 3/4" gap under the door except 420 and residential models which seal 1/2” maximum.
- Available in any size ranging from 18" to 48".
- Lead line available upon request; consult Customer Service for options on profiles.
- The drop-bar seal actuation mechanism (all models) causes the drop-bar seal to always actuate on the hinge side first. This feature prevents the seal from skidding along the floor / threshold while the door is being closed. Door hang up will not occur.
- All Pemko automatic door bottoms are provided NET length.
- Smoke Tested - UL1784 - tested in accordance with UL 1784-2001Air Leakage Tests of Door Assemblies, and meet the performance criteria for allowable air leakage as specified in NFPA 105-99 Installation of Smoke Control Door Assemblies. Meets the requirements for category H - Smoke Seals.
Air Infiltration Tested
Sound Tested - ASTM E90
Smoke Tested - UL1784
Fire Rated - UL10C - Positive Pressure
Underwriters Laboratory 4L10
GREENGUARD Gold Certified
411APKL: A - Mill Finish Aluminum Aluminum with Black PemkoPrene insert