- Pemko modular ramps are ADA compliant as they meet the standard of a 1:12 slope.
- The wings for these ramps do not meet the ADA 1:10 slope requirements.
- In order to make the sides of the ramp ADA compliant, they must follow the ADA guidelines as follows:
- Section 4.7.5 "Sides of Curb Ramps":
- If a curb ramp is located where pedestrians must walk across the ramp, or where it is not protect by handrails or guardrails, it shall have flared sides; the maximum slope of the flare shall be 1:10.
- Section 4.8.7 "Edge Protection":
- Ramps and landings with drop-offs shall have curbs, walls, railings, or projecting surfaces that prevent people from slipping off the ramp.
- Curbs shall be a minimum of 2" high.
- Pemko recommends the use of mitered returns to seal up the side of the ramp.
- Otherwise, we recommend filling and feathering the threshold ends with grout (do not leave threshold ends open).
Fire Rated - UL10C - Positive Pressure
R2FMRA: A - Mill Finish Aluminum Aluminum
R2FMRAK: AK - PemKote Skid Resistant Surfacing Aluminum